Alhaja Konibaje is the recognized Iyaloja of Oyo state – Ibadan Mogajis, Chiefs


The Ibadan Mogajis, Chiefs and concerned sons and daughters of Ibadanland have thrown their weight behind Alhaja Saratu Konibaje as the Iyaloja of Oyo State.

They affirm that Alhaja Konibaje remained the only Iyaloja of Oyo State haven followed due process, saying any process aside due process that produced Alhaja Konibaje as the Iyaloja of the state is none and void.

A statement jointly signed by the President, Association of Ibadan Mogajis, Mogaji Asimiyu Ariori and Coordinator, Ibadan Security Initiative, advised the impostor to desist, saying emergence of Alhaja Konibaje was a joint decision from market men and women.

According to the statement, it is an erroneous believe that since the Babaloja of Oyo State, Alhaji Yekini Abass is from Ibadan, the Iyaloja of Oyo State should not also come from Ibadan.

The statement reads, “Alhaja Saratu Konibaje is the real Iyaloja of Oyo State, her emergence followed due process, market men and women are the ones who appoint their leaders, they picked their leaders themselves with the supervision of relevant government agencies.

“We can’t have two Iyalojas of Oyo State, Ibadan people have decided to endorse due process that paved way for the emergence of Alhaja Konibaje.

“Some monarchs within the state are fanning ember of disunity, they claim that because the Babaloja of Oyo State, Alhaji Yekini Abass is from Ibadan, they said Iyaloja of Oyo State must not also come from Ibadan.

“Market men and women from the 33 Local Government across the state have followed due process in selecting Konibaje, the late Alaafin picked Abeoosa, no king has the right to choose Iyaloja of Oyo State.

“Even when Olubadan appointed YK Abas as the Babaloja of Oyo State, he still went through the due process and the process was approved by the state government through the supervising Ministries and Agencies.

“Due process has been followed, Alhaja Konibaje has been picked by market men and women themselves, so, any body that has contrary opinion should approach the supervising ministry for amendment.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here