By Oluwakemi Ishola
The Oyo State executives council of African Democratic Party (ADC) loyal to Senator Olufemi Lanlehin has been dissolved as envisaged by the affected leaders.
The Pacesetter News had on Sunday reported that the dissolved state executives alleged that some of its members were colluding with Governor Seyi Makinde to effect change of leadership of the party.
Factions loyal to Chief Koleosho, Chief Olakojo and Senator Monsurat held a mini-congress on Sunday to appoint caretaker executives and a communique was issued after the meaning convention.
The Pacesetter News understands that the mini-congress was held in the house of a chieftain of the coalition party in Ibadan.
Here is the communique issued at the
end of the meeting reads:
“The mini-Congress, which has in attendance delegates from each local government of the State, Leaders of the party in the state and National headquarters delegates represented by Alhaji Said Baba Abdullahi- national Secretary and Chief Anayo Arinze, National Coordinator Electoral matters/INEC laison resolved as follows;
1. That as a result of the vacancy created by elapse of time with regards to the tenure of the State Executive Committee, New caretaker committee is hereby appointed to manage the affairs of party in state pending the State Congress.
2. That the Congress so affirm the appointment of the new caretaker committee as approved by the NEC of the party
3. That the executive committee led by Rev’d Ezekiel Adeniran in acting capacity is hereby dissolved.
4. That ADC in Oyo State is an indivisible political party and therefore reinstate its committee to the coalition government led by H.E. Governor Seyi Makinde.
5. The party affirms the leadership of Chief Michael Koleosho, Chief Layiwola Lakojo and Senator Monsurat Sumonu.
Hon. Azeez Ojetunde and Pastor Samuel Akintokun moved and seconded the adoption of the resolutions respectively.
Barr. Bimpe Adelowo
State Publicity Secretary.