By Oluwakemi Ishola
Oyo State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has embraced, adopted and implemented the reconciliatory recommendations of Governor Buni- led National Reconciliation Committee and the resolutions of Governor Kayode Fayemi’s expanded reconciliation meeting.
This is contained in a communique signed and released by the State Publicity Secretary of the party, Dr AbdulAzeez Olatunde, at the end of the extended state executives meeting held on Wednesday at the boardroom of the party secretariat in Oke Ado.
Read the full communique:
ALL PROGRESSIVE CONGRESS
OYO STATE CHAPTER
COMMUNIQUE OF EXTENDED STATE EXECUTIVE MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 30th SEPTEMBER 2020 @ THE BOARDROOM OF THE PARTY SECRETARIAT, OKE ADO, IBADAN.
(1)The Report of Thursday 10th September 2020 Meeting with the National Reconciliation committee of the Party was delivered and the State Party Executives therefore resolved to embrace the returning UNITY FORUM AS WELL AS OTHER AGGRIEVED GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS as admonished and also resolved to embrace and implementation of the message of the National Reconciliation Committee for the Party down the ladder in order to eschew rancour and bitterness and allow peace to reign in the Party in Oyo State.
(2) It should be recalled that The National Reconciliation Committee is composed of Gov Badaru Abubakre of Jigawa State as Chairman, others are Gov Lalong of Plateau State, Gov Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, Gov Sule of Nasarawa and Gov Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe State.
(3) The National Reconciliation Committee was applauded for making it clear that they have No MANDATE TO DISSOLVE ANY STATE, LOCAL GOVT OR WARD EXECUTIVE of the Party.
The State Party Extended Executives salute the forthrightness of the Committee for coming out Clean and Clear with its Mandate and resolved to follow the terms of resolution of the Crisis to the letter in the overall interest of all.
The Executive having been briefed that eventhough the Party is going to have Fresh Registration of Party members,but it’s not targeted at DISSOLVING ANY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
The State Party Executive pledged its unalloyed Cooperation for the Success of the Registration Exercise whenever its time and also promised to mobilize more members for the awareness of the exercise.
(4)The Message of the follow up meeting to the Abuja Meeting which was held on Sunday 20th September 2020 in the Ibadan house of Gov Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti was overwhelmingly applauded, moreover for Gov Kayode Fayemi being a member of the National Reconciliation Committee Volunteering his House in Ibadan to host the meeting was praised because of its potentiality of fast tracking quick resolution of the impasse.
(5) The Brilliant outcome of the creation of ELDERS ADVISORY COMMITTEE COUNCIL was highly welcomed moreso since it cut across the 3 Senatorial zones with 3 Representatives each per Senatorial District with H.E,Otunba Christopher Adebayo Alao Akala to serve as the Chairman of the Committee. The Nominated members were overwhelmingly endorsed because they are people of cognitive integrity :
(1)Chief Akin Oke -State Chairman
(2) H.E,Chief Iyiola Oladokun
(3)H.E,Otunba Moses Alake Adeyemo
(1)Sen Ayo Adeseun
(2) Chief Mrs Yinka Adebayo
(3)Engr Idris Adeoye
(2) Prof Taoheed Adedoja
(3) Dr Isiaka Kolawole
The Party equally welcome the spelling out of the Elders Advisory Council Responsiblilty but nevertheless welcome the Body and its members as partners in Progress for the overall success of the Party’s short, medium and long term goals ahead of the Party.
(6)The State Extended Party Executive endorsed the suggestion and recommendation of the Elders Advisory Council for the RESUMPTION OF WARDS AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT PARTY MEETINGS IMMEDIATELY after the Suspension for Covid-19 Pandemics since March 2020.
(7)The State Extended Party Executive also endorsed the Suggestion for the commencement of SENATORIAL MEETINGS in the following orders,OYO CENTRAL, OYO NORTH AND OYO SOUTH at the dates to be communicated later, after the logistics arrangements are concluded.
(8)The Executives were taken on Inspection of The NEW State Secretariat of the Party at Obafemi Awolowo way, which is almost on the verge of being completed.
(9) In attendance at the meeting are all the 33 Party Chairmen from all the 33 Local Government and 33 State Executive of the Party,Presided over by the State Party Chairman, Chief Akin Oke.
APC, Oyo State
30th SEPTEMBER 2020